Cashew Cream Ingredients
1 cup raw cashews soaked in hot water for 1 hour
1 cup water
- In a blender combine the cashews and water until smooth, should be the consistency of heavy cream.
Cashew Parmesan Ingredients
1 cup cashews
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon sea salt
- Process everything until fine in a food processor.
Spaghetti Squash Carbonara Ingredients
1 large spaghetti squash
1 cup tomato diced
1/2 cup yellow onion, small diced
3/4 cup frozen peas
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, length wise ans scoop out the seeds.
- Lightly grease the bottom of a baking sheet with olive oil and place the squash cut side down.
- Bake for about and hour until fork tender at 400 degrees.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and use a fork to loosen the strands, set aside in a bowl.
- Sautee onion in olive oil over medium heat until translucent.
- Add garlic and zest and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cashew cream, peas and simmer (add water if it looks too thick – I added about a cup).
- Turn heat down and add squash, tomatoes, parsley and Parmesan and toss to coat.